Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time as a Healer

First, before I begin, I have changed my blog's name from, "My Life - My Adventure - I am Never Alone" to, "My Life - My Adventure - I am Ever Thankful". Seemed to fit better. I am in fact "never alone" because I know that the Lord is ever with me. That fact was, at the time I began this blog just over a year ago, my main thought. But I have been thinking more about thankfulness for a long time now. And while I am thankful that I am never alone, I am ever so thankful and many, many other things that the Lord has also provided in my life. I am feeling like I have a fresh start in many ways this Spring, 2011. It seemed to be a perfect time for the change in name.

Another Quick note. My daughter Beth Bowman took my new profile picture of me with my two cats, Buttercup & Wesley. Thanks, Beth!

"Time heals all wounds"

Well, I don't know if time heals ALL wounds. But for me I have certainly seen times helps some heal, and helps take the sting out of others. Last I wrote was at the end of Summer after death had robbed me of some treasures in my life. Following that time, there were others. Time has gone along and the seasons have changed ...twice. Besides Summer 2010 finishing, Fall 2010 and Winter 2010-2011 have now ended. The leaves have changed into brilliance, then crumpled and fallen to the ground. The snow covered the dead leaves and made all things white and clean. The snow melted and exposed brown, dead, earth. Then through the cold dirt sprang life. Crocus, daffodil, and tulips came up, came out. Their bright and cheerful colors reached up to the Springtime blue skies and sunshine and bloomed. We got some more snow, but they took it in stride and were not, over all, phased by Winter's rude and interfering unscheduled visits. The green grass has come up, bud have started to burst forth, and other flowers have come out and smiled. Despite Winter's chilly backward whispers, Spring has come with a fresh start and winning ways. I may not feel completely healed in all ways from last years pain. But healing has, like Spring, has unequivocally begun. Time is in the process of healing wounds. God's glory, grace, and love have been a never ending presence in my life and heart. And I am thankful, ever so thankful! Good bye Winter's snow. Hello Springtime. Thank you Lord. I have taken my breath, I have gotten my fresh start, and I am ready for the new changes that will, and in fact have already begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment